September 12, 2012 at 10:56pm
There was an announcement posted to the Aion site late Monday night with a teaser:
Billions of Kinah will be up for grabs starting this Wednesday, September 12, in the MegaKinah Millions event! Each week for eight weeks, players will have the chance to win up to 300 million Kinah! Over 10 billion Kinah will be awarded!
Each week, players will be able to claim one free Fortune Ticket they can use to enter the big drawing every week. Players can also receive a special Fortune Ticket as part of the Large CUBE bonus, beginning Wednesday!
Look for more details about the event soon, and get ready for your chance to win MegaKinah Millions!
There have been a trickle of details over the last couple of days in the forums, but I have not yet seen an “official” page up on the Aion site with details. Per Nyx, it has been delayed, so I thought I would post the “chicken pot pie” of the details I’ve seen that Nyx and Kesarin have posted thus far:
- This is an event that Korea already ran, and it was quite popular.
- The NPC — a shugo named Fortunerk — will spawn in the middle of the capitol cites in the normal event NPC location at 7pm today (now already spawned at the time of this post), and 7pm on Mondays after this.
- Every player above level 30 may receive a free ticket by talking to the event NPC.
- He gives you a ticket box, you have to open it within 5 minutes or it disappears.
- On Saturday at 7pm server time, the game itself determines the winners.
- The ticket numbers are randomly generated by the game and the amount of winners is a percentage of how many people enter. So there are multiple winning ticket numbers. Note that this is a correction to what I said yesterday - there CAN be multiple first place winners per side, per server.
- To see if you have one of the winning tickets, you must return to the NPC within 24 hours of the drawing.
- If you are a winner, the NPC will award you the prize that corresponds to your ticket.
- If you don’t have a ticket, pretty sure he just tells you to go away :p
- If you do not return to the event NPC within the 24 hour time frame, your ticket disappears and you will not be able to check to see if it was a winner. There are no alternate winners. If the prize is not claimed, it is not awarded to someone else.
- There are no late entries. The NPC stops giving tickets out at 7pm Saturday and begins awarding prizes at 7:01pm Saturday. He despawns at 7pm on Sunday and your ticket expires.
- Everything about this is scripted by Korea. We have no way to view the list of winning ticket numbers. If you do not check the status of your ticket within the 24 hour time frame, the GM’s will NOT be able to assist you. They will have no way to check to see if your ticket was winner.
- If you purchase a large cube, and you receive an additional ticket, please note that the game will only allow you to win once per week per prize bracket. So if you happened to get a 3rd place ticket from the NPC, and a 2nd place ticket from the CUBE, you would receive both of those prizes. If you received a 2nd place ticket from the NPC, and a 2nd place ticket from the cube, you would still only be awarded the 2nd place prize one time.
- Please Note: There is currently a mistake in the NPC dialogue. When he gives you the ticket he tells you that you may receive the weekly quest again on Sunday at 9am. The correct time that you can receive the quest again is Monday at 7pm.
I think that about covers it. Hopefully any further clarifying details will be posted on the Aion site soon. ^_^